This one day course is designed to give participants guidance on how to move forward with a career in Photography. The course will take place for one day at Paul's studio. You will have the chance to have a hands on with all sorts of cameras, both film and digital, from 35mm to 10"x8" field cameras. Please note that this course is primarily a discussion and there will be no actual photography made on the day.
Topics that will be included during the days discussion
- Different types of photography explained.
- Making a choice as to what sort of photography is suitable for you.
- Photographic education as a path to becoming a photographer.
- Photographic assisting as a path to becoming a photographer.
- Marketing : Physical & Online.
- Photographic Agents : The benefits and how to approach.
- Peripheral careers within the world of photography.
- The benefits of a website.
- Approaches to becoming a photographic artist.
- Approaches to becoming a commercial photographer.
- Fee structures in the world of photography.
- Estimates, Invoices, Accounts
- Taking a brief and translating it to a finished work.
- A conversation on equipment.
- Professional services required as a photographer.
- Portfolio types and construction.
- Portfolio content.
- Camera Equipment A Hands On : 35mm, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 5x4 & 10x8
- Photographic Printing : Where & How
- Participants work discussed. You are welcome to bring along some of your work, but do not worry If you would prefer not to.
Photography is a huge subject, during the course we will cover as many topics as possible. Participants should leave the course feeling enthused and with a clearer idea of what type of photographer they might want to be.